The August 2018 issue of the Iowa State Bar Association’s The Iowa Lawyer magazine was recently published. This edition includes GFLF’s piece on how irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs for short) can be a valuable estate planning tool. While the magazine is an industry publication for lawyers, this information is also incredible useful for anyone with life insurance as an asset.
This month’s ISBA publication also includes interesting pieces on:
- Introductions to the University of Iowa College of Law’s new dean as well as the ISBA’s new VP
- How emojis fit into evidence and if they are significant
- A new sculpture in Des Moines honoring the legacy of the National Bar Association and African-American attorneys
- Preparing your law practice for the future
- The aftermath of the Marshalltown tornado
So, put on your reading glasses, click here, and scroll to page 22 to learn more about the challenges life insurance can pose in estate planning and the major benefits of ILITs. I would love to hear your feedback on the piece either in the comments below, or via email at email@example.com. Also, we’re open to any suggestions you may have for specific topics you would like to read about related to GFLF’s core services