Gordon Fischer is an Iowa lawyer dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations and the donors who fund them.
Gordon has been an active and accomplished Iowa lawyer for more than 20 years. After graduating from the University of Iowa, where he served as a student government leader, Gordon received his law degree, summa cum laude, from Southern Illinois University. After law school, Gordon clerked for the Iowa Court of Appeals. He then joined the Des Moines firm of Bradshaw, Fowler, Proctor and Fairgrave, P.C. He became a partner and gained a reputation for skilled and conscientious litigation in all areas of law, with a focus on employment. In 2013, Gordon left the firm to become Vice President of Gift Planning Strategies for the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines, where he helped donors plan and achieve their philanthropic goals. In 2014, he received the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy designation from The American College of Financial Services.
Gordon serves his community and his profession in a variety of ways, on boards and commissions and as a mentor and hands-on volunteer. At Gordon Fischer Law Firm, P.C., he blends his legal expertise and commitment to the charitable sector and those who support its work.
5 Core Services
- Wills, trusts, estates and estate planning;
- Training of nonprofit boards and staff about charitable giving tools and techniques;
- Employment law guidance for nonprofits including advice about hiring and firing, and drafting of policies and procedures;
- Handling compliance issues, like starting an nonprofit, and Form 990 reporting; and
- Working with nonprofit and donors on complex gifts.
For More Information
- Sign up for Gordon Fischer Law Firm’s monthly newsletter. Filled with relevant industry updates, highlights, and items of interest.
- Peruse Gordon’s blog. Frequent posts cover everything from estate planning to legislative explanations to smart giving practices.
- Contact Gordon right now. Great for inquiries, press and news, and scheduling an appointment to meet.