As a nonprofit leader, you are focused on your mission and the community you serve, and rightly so. You may need assistance to fully address personnel, record-keeping, and compliance issues. And you can always use help with fundraising.
- Employment law counseling and guidance: I help nonprofits hire, discipline, and fire employees, draft and review employee handbooks, and draft, review, and negotiate employment agreements and contracts.
- Policies and procedures: I draft, review, and help implement policies and procedures on every legal issue, including conflicts of interest, investments, endowment spending, document retention, whistleblower protection, and gift acceptance.
- Compliance issues: I assist nonprofits with a wide range of laws and regulations; for example, preparing Sarbanes-Oxley compliant documents. I also conduct compliance reviews around best practices, including rating the level of compliance.
- Gift analysis: I conduct proper due diligence of major gifts, including research of tax and legal ramifications, and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating gift agreements.
- Fundraising guidance: I provide practical advice, along with real world solutions, to assist your fundraising. For example, I can help you develop and leverage relationships with professional advisors to reach donors.
- Training: I educate boards of directors, management teams, and employees about issues impacting the nonprofit sector. I also conduct seminars for professional advisors, donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Gift administration: I advise on all legal aspects of gift administration, including endowments, investment policies, donor privacy, and restrictions.
- Planned giving: I audit existing planned giving programs to ensure proper practices and to improve effectiveness. I also conduct development audits to determine the readiness of nonprofits for planned giving or endowment.
- Ethical excellence: I show nonprofits how to achieve and maintain the highest standard of ethics, addressing both charitable sector norms and the public’s expectations of charities.
- Measure outcomes: I help nonprofits develop appropriate metrics and standards to judge program progress.
- For a free consultation, call me at 515-371-6077, email me at email@example.com, or use the form below.
- I am committed to your privacy, so please do not include confidential or private information.
- Note that completion of this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.